AAM Sponsors the Chief Investment Roundtable at the IASA Annual Conference
AAM Sponsors the Chief Investment Officer Roundtable at the IASA Annual Conference
For the fifth year in a row, AAM co-sponsored the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) Roundtable at the IASA Annual Conference. This year’s conference was June 5-8, 2011 in Nashville, Tennessee at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, and attracted the largest participation to date with 109 attendees. The CIO Roundtable was moderated by Chris Anderson, CFA, Principal, Anderson Insights, LLC and included sessions on:
- An economic update from the Chief Economist of a large national insurance carrier
- Perspectives on internal investment management vs. external management from the Chief Investment Officers of an internally managed portfolio and an externally managed portfolio
- Alternative investment strategies for meeting portfolio objectives and minimizing risk
- An overview of the high yield bond market
- An open panel discussion to exchange ideas among participants regarding hot topics including, Enterprise Risk Management, lessons learned from the crisis, and maintaining yield in a low interest rate environment
In addition to providing sponsorship for the event, AAM also participated in the session on alternative investment strategies as well as the open panel discussion. Joel Cramer, CFA, Director of Sales & Marketing for AAM presented with Marc Tourville, CFA, Managing Director of Cardinal Investment Advisors. Their presentation began with a peer analysis overview of the investment allocations and yields of the Roundtable participants relative to their respective industries as well as similar sized peers. The presentation then moved into a discussion of inflation and its likely flattening impact on the shape of the yield curve. Various investment strategies for hedging against rising interest rates were discussed including TIPS, commodities, bank loans, floating rate structured products, and convertible bonds. The presentation also covered equity strategies such as purchasing S&P 500 puts and further diversification into International and Emerging markets.
If you would like to receive a copy of the presentation or learn more about these strategies, please contact Greg Curran at email@example.com or at (312) 263-2900.