In this episode of The Portfolio Fix, AAM’s CIO Reed Nuttall speaks with each of the asset class sector heads about their expectations for 2024.
- Introduction – Reed Nuttall, Chief Investment Officer
- 1:10 – Marco Bravo, Senior Portfolio Manager: Discussion of the economy in 2023 and AAM’s economic outlook for 2024
- 6:25 – Elizabeth Henderson, Director of Corporate Credit: Conversation about AAM’s 2024 outlook for the corporate credit sector
- 11:35 – Scott Edwards, Director of Structured Products: Discussion of the Structured Product sector
- 17:40 – Patryk Carwinski, Portfolio Manager: Performance in the High Yield sector
- 21:20 – Peter Wirtala, Insurance Strategist: Discussion of AAM’s view of Equities
- 28:00 – Tim Senechalle, Senior Portfolio Manager: Discussion of the Convertible Bond market
- 34:40 – Reed Nuttall, CIO (for Greg Bell, Director of Municipal Bonds): Discusses AAM’s view of the Municipal Bond sector
Sources: Consensus Estimate from Blue Chip Financial Forecasts (Jan. 2023), Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, J.P. Morgan, Bloomberg US Corporate High Yield Bond Index, Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan Total Return Index, Muzinich & Co., BofA Global Research, ICE Data Indices, LLC and Bloomberg.
This episode was recorded on 2/16/24
Any timely data or views should be considered as of this date unless otherwise specified.
Opinions and statements of financial market trends that are based on market conditions constitute our judgment and are subject to change without notice. Historic market trends are not reliable indicators of actual future market behavior. This material may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events, targets or expectations, and is only current as of the date indicated. There is no assurance that such events or targets will be achieved, and may be significantly different than that shown here. The information presented, including statements concerning financial market trends, is based on current market conditions, which will fluctuate and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. Although the assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements that may be contained herein are believed to be reasonable they can be affected by inaccurate assumptions or by known or unknown risks and uncertainties. AAM assumes no duty to provide updates to any analysis contained herein.
Recommendations are that of AAM and subject to change should market conditions warrant. This material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute any advice or a recommendation to purchase any securities or other financial instruments, and may not be construed as such.
All information contained herein is believed to be accurate as of the date(s) indicated, is not complete, and is subject to change at any time. Certain information contained herein is based on data obtained from third parties and, although believed to be reliable, has not been independently verified by anyone at or affiliated with Asset Allocation & Management Company, LLC. (“AAM”); its accuracy or completeness cannot be guaranteed.
For more information and a list of full disclosures please visit the disclaimers section at the bottom of the webpage: http://www.aamcompany.com/the-portfolio-fix-a-podcast-with-aam/